Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Altered Composition Book
I mentioned in a previous post that I have been venturing into the world of altering various items (although when I go back to read that post, all I can notice are the typos!) I guess that I shouldn't be doing these posts so late at night. : ) Anyways, I decided to try to alter a composition book. I didn't really use any guidance other than the fact that I have seen other people do it, so I decided to try it too!!! Obviously I made this one for Madison. I covered it with paper and stuck it down with Modge Podge. Then I used a strip of ribbon to cover the separation between the cover and the binding strip of paper. I used my Cricut to cut out the letters for her name from chipboard and covered them in Stickles. Then I cut out the flowers and layered them around the edges. I also added some Stickles to the flowers. Finally, I found it to be a little too plain, so I doodled the stitch lines around the edges and added the swirls and such around the flowers. She of course loved it, because she is three. I wasn't impressed but I will be better next time, if I decide to try again! LOL!! It's just fun for me to try something new, so that part I enjoyed!