Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Altered Composition Book

I mentioned in a previous post that I have been venturing into the world of altering various items (although when I go back to read that post, all I can notice are the typos!) I guess that I shouldn't be doing these posts so late at night. : ) Anyways, I decided to try to alter a composition book. I didn't really use any guidance other than the fact that I have seen other people do it, so I decided to try it too!!! Obviously I made this one for Madison. I covered it with paper and stuck it down with Modge Podge. Then I used a strip of ribbon to cover the separation between the cover and the binding strip of paper. I used my Cricut to cut out the letters for her name from chipboard and covered them in Stickles. Then I cut out the flowers and layered them around the edges. I also added some Stickles to the flowers. Finally, I found it to be a little too plain, so I doodled the stitch lines around the edges and added the swirls and such around the flowers. She of course loved it, because she is three. I wasn't impressed but I will be better next time, if I decide to try again! LOL!! It's just fun for me to try something new, so that part I enjoyed!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Pumpkin Pals

Just wanting to share the latest layout that I worked on... This seems to have taken me all week to actually complete, partly because it was a busy week at work, and partly because I couldn't find my Xyron refill. The Xyron is the most fabulous tool for sticking down those tiny letters for the title. I love that thing! It turns anything into a sticker! AWESOME! Lucky for me, my fabulous husband found my refills in the exact spot that I swear I checked 2 or 3 times. These pictures are of my youngest daughter, Taylor and my nephew, Brody at the pumpkin patch this past October. This year we went to a small patch in Fallbrook and had a great time! When I saw this pumpkin paper at the store, I knew I had to get it just for these pictures. I like the end result. I just folded the strips of paper behind the pumpkin that I cut out from the background paper to give it more dimension.