Sunday, January 2, 2011

1st card(s) of 2011...

And I'm off... working hard on that goal of 52 cards this year and ACTUALLY sending them to people! I think that a hand-written note sent via snail mail has so much meaning, especially when it is totally unexpected. I used to write to my Grandma about once a month but since she passed away over a year ago, I seem to have lost that habit and I am hoping to gain it back this year! I want to remember to appreciate people in my life, near and far.

Today's card is for my friend, Rachel who just had her baby yesterday! I used the weekly sketch from Mojo Monday for this card. I love that in scrapping right now there is a lot of negative space. It took me some getting used to but I love it. I also like clean lines and simplicity so this card goes that direction as well. Mojo Monday offers up a card sketch and lately they have been giving you a shape card as well. I went with the square.
I just realized that I never posted about the baby shower... hmm... I'll need to get to that! Well, this card was made from the scraps I had left (and I have A LOT so you'll be seeing more!). I made the one on the left for Rachel and the one of the right will go to a card swap I am doing on scrapbook.com. Finally, also on sb.com my friend Tarynne (check out her blog), does a monthly card challenge with several categories. This card is for the theme category where you had to make a card for something new, this is for the beautiful new baby boy, Griffen Hank!!
I doodled around the circle... always scary for me because I'm afraid I will mess up the entire card, but I like it! Thanks for visiting!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhh I am loving those cards!!! the design is awesome!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete